Tuesday, January 1, 2008

writing the ad.

One of the crazies that might possibly want me to write for his publication wants me to put up a Craigslist ad. He said Match.com first and I almost threw up. Babysteps. I don't think I can commit to a full profile at this point, just a simple ad and see where it goes. No harm, no foul.. at least this is what I am trying to convince myself.

Again, I'm seeing disaster.

There have to be "normal" people out there like me who either get prompted or allured by the idea of actually knowing something about someone before you meet them, right?

I am thinking there must be. Plus, screw it. It is best to give everything in life at least one shot.

He says I need to put a picture. I'm wondering why he knows so much about dating on the Internet. By the way, friends, if you ever find out about this or if I ever get drunk and tell you, I can see your faces, all of them. Hahahhahahahaha. Go ahead. I'm laughing too. At myself. For even considering it. Yet here, I am formulating it. I don't really photograph well, I don't think. I look so much better in real life.

Does anyone ever look great in photos? How am I going to tell what these guys really look like?

Didn't a girl just get killed by some guy she met on Craigslist? If I die, please please take care of my chihuahua, m + d.

They might send me penis pictures, he tells me now. Hey, not sounding that bad.... ;)

What do you say about yourself? Am I supposed to sell myself? Is this like a business proposal or a sales pitch? For once ,I feel like I'm at a loss for words. It is 6:59 A.M. for christ sakes. What am I thinking?

I need to sleep on this. The ad, later today.

No comments: